Weed control commercial weed removal services North East
Weed Economical Eradication Detection - Intelligent Technology
Weed-IT is a revolution in weed control application technology, developed specifically for the control of weeds on public footpaths and similar hard surface areas in urban situations.
Complete Weed Control Ltd. first introduced Weed-IT at a major exhibition in 1997 (Saltex '97) where it was immediately awarded the accolade of "Best New Landscape Product" at the show. The judges cited Weed-IT as being a "major advance in the field of weed control". Since then we have treated many tens of thousands of kilometres of footpaths and hard surfaces and continued to use and develop the technology, the latest development being the building of a new purpose-built, articulated carrier vehicle.
How does it work?
The system consists of a shrouded spraying head mounted on the front of a purpose-built vehicle. Within the shrouded head are sensor units and spray nozzles. The sensor units detect the presence of weeds and triggers the appropriate spray nozzles to accurately apply the correct amount of herbicide just to those weeds and their immediate surroundings.
The result is very high levels of weed control coupled with greatly reduced herbicide use and increased safety to the operator and the public.
- Weeds are targeted accurately and controlled
- A reduction of 80% in herbicide use
- No off-target spray damage to grass verges, open-plan gardens and the like
- The Weed-IT system attracted no adverse comments from local residents and members of the public. (In previous years up to 40 complaints per year had been received)
- Improved operator productivity
- Enables local authorities to meet objectives of their environmental policies