Chris Osborne (South Downs)
Contact us on 0800 9549679
Local specialist, Chris Osborne, has a wealth of industry experience and has managed the South Downs team for almost 20-years.
His experience, combined with access to the most efficient technology, machinery and equipment, alongside his Amenity Assured standard accreditation, reassures you that you are dealing with a highly-skilled local expert.
The South Downs team proudly serve a diverse range of clients including many golf and sports clubs, industrial sites, public utilities and local authorities.
Chris has experience in controlling all types of weeds, including invasive species such as Japanese Knotweed and Himalayan Balsam. He, and his colleagues, are fully trained in the safe use of pesticides and are able to offer the best solution for your weed control needs, whether this be long term chemical control, or physical solutions, such as excavation and removal.
All work is guaranteed and a health & safety policy, COSHH/risk and method statements are available to review before any work is carried out. Chris's team also conforms to BASIS requirements and are fully ISO accredited.
Chris also help businesses to manage the responsibility of keeping their workforce, customers and visitors safe, by offering tailor-made gritting solutions.
Implementing a winter maintenance programme can help to ensure that your business is not adversely affected by unpredictable cold and icy weather.
A large winter maintenance crew are on standby from October until April, seven days a week, including the Christmas and New Year period. Using a dedicated Met Office forecasting system, Chris closely monitors deteriorating temperatures and conditions, enabling him and his team to provide a rapid and well prepared response.
Services include spreading salt in car parks and on private roads, treating pedestrian areas, paths and any other footfall zones.
Please call to discuss your requirements or simply complete the form below.
Brighton, Peacehaven, Worthing, Lancing, Littlehampton, Arundel, Eastbourne, Pevensey, Seaford, Polegate, Hailsham, Shoreham-by-Sea, Steyning, Hove, Henfield, Hassocks, Lewes, Newhaven, Chichester, Bognor Regis, Crawley, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Forest Row, East Grinstead, Mayfield, Heathfield, Uckfield, Battle, Hastings, Winchelsea, Saint Leonards, Bexhill, Crowborough, Hartfield.
- ISO9001 certified - Quality Management System
- ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System
- Achilles Verified on Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality practices - number 72214
- Achilles UVDB registered for Grounds Care, Maintenance & Landscaping Services - number 72214
- A corporate member of the Institute of Groundsmanship
- A member of Constructionline, registered for Public & Private Sector Procurement - number 2122
- Invasive species control – particularly Japanese Knotweed in both commercial and domestic areas.
- Total weed control - Hard, soft and gravel surfaces
- Selective weed control - For control of broadleaf weeds in grass
- Aquatic weed control – Marginal, submerged and floating weeds
- Disease control – In fine turf, plants and trees
- Grass growth control – Retardation of grass growth in all areas
- Insect control – In turf, plants and trees
- Fertiliser applications – Liquid or granular
- Moss & algae control – Turf, and hard surfaces
- Worm control – In all grassed areas
- Forestry – Tree ringing, bracken control and insecticides
- Urban tree protection
We have undertaken successful work for many major clients including West Sussex County Council, East Sussex County Council, Chichester District Council, Brighton University, and many more. However we are happy to help individuals with paddocks and even your front lawn. We have extensive knowledge and experience with invasive weeds such as Japanese knotweed and Giant Hogweed. We have helped several clients obtain mortgages where Japanese Knotweed is present within the property.